Who We Are
WBHM is much more than a radio station – it is an essential public resource that enlightens and enriches our audience and makes strong connections to our communities through journalism that is fair, credible, accurate, and honest. Free from commercial and political influence, WBHM seeks to make Birmingham and Alabama a better place to live by educating, engaging, and entertaining the people of our metro area and our state. WBHM is dedicated to the idea that an informed citizenry is vital to democracy and a thriving economy, and it celebrates diversity, innovation, and lifelong learning.
Who We Are:
WBHM 90.3 FM is a member-supported service of the University of Alabama at Birmingham. More than half of the station’s financial support comes from members, with additional support from corporate underwriting and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB). WBHM, “Your NPR Station,” is also home to the Alabama Radio Reading Service, a resource for the blind and print-impaired.
- Learn more about the Alabama Radio Reading Service, a special WBHM service for the visually impaired and print handicapped.
- Learn more about University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Learn more about BirminghamWatch, a Content Partner of WBHM.
- Learn more about WBHM’s Open Meetings Policy.
- Learn about employment opportunities at WBHM.
- Apply for an internship.
- View WBHM Financial Statements.