The Office Associate is often the first person our listeners come in contact with when they call or stop by the station! And you know what they say, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. That’s why this position is so important to the day-to-day operations of WBHM.
Under general supervision, you will perform standard clerical and administrative duties such as sorting and reading the mail, drafting and typing correspondence, making travel arrangements and reservations, scheduling appointments, ordering supplies, and maintaining databases and reports. There will also be opportunities to assist with special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Composes, types, edits, and distributes correspondence, memos, forms, minutes, reports, and similar documents according to general instructions
- Handles submission of department contracts
- Coordinates supervisor’s schedule, arranges meetings and conferences, notifies attendees of any changes, arranges for refreshments and/ or special equipment needed
- Initiates, prepares and processes administrative documents
- Posts expenses and verifies requisitions and purchase orders for accurate payment and processing
- Assists WBHM Business Officer with department operations
- Designs and produces a wide range of documents to be published according to general directions of supervisor
- Inventories, orders, stocks, and distributes supplies and equipment for the department and staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
Starts at $17/hour
High School diploma or GED and three (3) years of related experience.
- Must know how to type
- Experience in Microsoft suites
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Have a talent for excellent customer service
- Show attention to detail
- 3 or more years of administrative and customer service experience within an office setting such as a Data Entry Clerk, Call Center Representative, or Bank Teller
Submit your application here.